Thursday, August 23, 2012

Two more days at Marfa

Hi all, well we are about to leave Marfa after 3 great days flying. Three of the Germans have been here too - Andy, Tilo and Charlie, and are planning to stay for up to 2 weeks. Andy is the chief designer of the Quintus and Tilo is the current manager of Schempp Hirth.
Here's a shot of Tilo filling the Quintus - what a beautiful aircraft.
Yesterday I took a run down to Big Bend National Park. The countryside is daunting but the run is quite safe if you just hop from airfield to airfield. I had a B1 bomber pass straight underneath me - also daunting - but cleared me by 2000ft. It was too quick for me to get a photo.

On the way back there was a cloud street that ran 160km without needing to turn - great fun. Here is a shot of the old military airfield that was the base for the Sunship Game. You can see trees growing from the runways...

No comments:

Post a Comment